Updated June 16, 2021
PLEASE READ THESE LICENCE TERMS CAREFULLY
Who we are and what this agreement does
We Grasp Ventures Limited of 9 Thorney Leys Park, Witney, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom OX28 4GE license you to use:
- Grasp online and (if applicable) mobile application software (Mobile App) (both the online app and the Mobile App shall together be known as the App), the data supplied with the software, and any updates or supplements to it.
- Grasp MS Teams App & Slack App (where applicable)
- The related online/electronic documentation (Documentation).
- The service you connect to via the App and the content we provide to you through it (Service).
as permitted in these terms.
Under data protection legislation, your employer or organisation, as data controller of your personal data, is required to provide you with certain information about how it processes your personal data and for what purposes and your rights in relation to your personal data and how to exercise them. This information is provided in your employer or organisation’s privacy notice, which is available on request.
We act as data processor of your personal data and will only ever use your data in strict accordance with your employer or organisation’s instructions.
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the App or any Service may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
Additional terms for specific Services
If you are using the Service via a Mobile App, the Appstore’s terms also apply
The ways in which you can use the Service via the Mobile App and Documentation may also be controlled by the Appstore’s rules and policies which can be found in the Appstore’s online legal information pages.
Operating system requirements (Mobile App only)
The Mobile App requires an Android device running version 5.0 or higher or an apple device running IOS version 12 or above.
Support for the App and how to tell us about problems
Support. If you want to learn more about the App or the Service or have any problems using them please take a look at the Documentation.
Contacting us (including with technical problems or queries). If you are having technical difficulty with the App or the Services, or believe the App or the Services are faulty or misdescribed or wish to contact us for any other reason please contact your employer or organisation directly and/or email our customer service team at email@example.com.
How we will communicate with you. We will not contact you directly unless you have asked us to in relation to a technical problem you are encountering with the App (for example, through the in App chat or through firstname.lastname@example.org), usually any other communication will always go through your employer or organisation.
How you may use the App, including how many devices you may use it on
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may:
- Use the Services via the App as directed by your employer or organisation;
- download or stream a copy of the Mobile App onto one mobile telephone or handheld device and view, use and display the Mobile App and the Service on such devices for your personal purposes only; and
- use any Documentation to support your permitted use of the App and the Service.
You must be 18 to accept these terms and use the Service and the App/Mobile App
You must be 18 or over to accept these terms and use the Service and the App.
You may not transfer the App to someone else
We are giving you personally the right to use the App and the Service as set out above you may not otherwise transfer the App or the Service to someone else, whether for money, for anything else or for free. If you sell any device on which the Mobile App is installed, you must remove the mobile App from it.
Changes to these terms
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce.
We will give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change by contacting your employer or organisation, who will then contact you as they see fit.
If you do not accept the notified changes you may not be permitted to continue to use the App and the Service.
Update to the App and changes to the Service
From time to time we may automatically update the App and change the Service to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively we may ask you to update the Mobile App for these reasons.
If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the Mobile App and the Services.
If someone else owns the phone or device you are using
If you download or stream the Mobile App onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner’s permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device.
We may collect technical data about your device
By using the App or any of the Services, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you use the App on and related software and hardware. You also agree to us accessing certain applications you use during your employment, in order to provide the Service to you. This data will only ever be used in accordance with your employer or organisation’s instructions. For more information please contact your employer or organisation.
We are not responsible for other websites you link to
The App or any Service may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the App or the Services in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy the App, Documentation or Services, except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the App, Documentation or Services nor permit the App or the Services or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the App and the Services on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or the Services nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile the App to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the App or with another program (Permitted Objective), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without the Licensor’s prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to the App;
- is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective;
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App or any Service.
Acceptable use restrictions
- not use the App or any Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, your employer or organisation’s IT acceptable user policy (or similar), or your employer or organisation’s codes of conduct or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the App, any Service or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App or any Service, including by the submission of any material (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App or any Service;
- not use the App or any Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in the App, the Documentation and the Services throughout the world belong to us and the rights in the Mobile App and the Services are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the App, the Documentation or the Services other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both we and you knew it might happen.
Our liability for certain foreseeable loss and damage is limited to £100. We will only be responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill up to a maximum of £100. Please note that this limitation does not apply to any breach by us of terms implied into these terms by statute (such as the Consumer Rights Act 2015).
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
When we are liable for damage to your property. If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
Limitations to the App and the Services. The App and the Services are provided for general information purposes only. They do not offer advice on which you should rely. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by the App and the Service, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date.
Please back-up content and data used with the Mobile App. We recommend that you back up any content and data used in connection with the Mobile App, to protect yourself in case of problems with the App or the Service.
Check that the Mobile App and the Services are suitable for you. The App and the Services have not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the App and the Services (as described on the appstore site and in the Documentation) meet your requirements.
We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the Services or support for the App or the Services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end your contract with us and receive a refund for any Services you have paid for but not received.
We may end your rights to use the App and the Services if you break these terms
We may end your rights to use the App and Services at any time by contacting you if you have broken these terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be put right we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
If we end your rights to use the App and Services:
- You must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the App and any Services.
- You must delete or remove the App from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of the App which you have and confirm to us that you have done this.
- We may remotely access your devices and remove the App from them and cease providing you with access to the Services.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
No rights for third parties
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
These terms are governed by UK law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the UK courts.